A variable product is a standard product type in WooCommerce. WooCommerce variable products allow you to add variations to a single product such as color, size, price, images or any other specific feature your product might have. Improving a variable product is so important and necessary, it just likes your face every day, if it is nice to be liked by many people, if not sure they will ignore. To avoid that, you need to use the plugin which allows you to replace standard WooCommerce selects with icons, custom images, and dynamic labels.
This article will show you top 3 plugins which will push your WooCommerce store up and running better than before.
1. Variation Swatches for WooCommerce
Variation Swatches for WooCommerce is an amazing plugin which provides a much nicer way to display variations of variable products. With this plugin, you can select the style for each attribute as color, image or label. Especially, you can present product colors, sizes, styles and anything else in the better way which is not supported by WooCommerce.
Features provided with this plugin:
- With swatches, this plugin only adds more options to show product variations. So, it doesn’t touch the default dropdown style from WooCommerce.l
- It completely integrates with WooCommerce, that’s why you can use it easily.
- Create attribute color, image swatches and label or text swatches.
- Create new attribute swatch in product editing page. It can help you pick the right style for quick-add attribute right inside the editing product page.
- It’s absolutely new option for you to control switches easier than using code. All you have to do is going to WooCommerce Settings and set step by step.
- It’s free of course.
Besides the advantages, this plugin has some disadvantages such as:
- It’s free so it’s not good if you want to upgrade your add-ons. If you are serious with your e-shop, it would be best if you try out some paid alternative.
- Some users said that the variable name is not showing in the cart. And in reality, this plugin does not touch cart functionality in any way if you use this plugin. And you have to disable this plugin and test it with default WooCommerce.
- This plugin generally designed to work with most of the themes but sometimes some themes override plugin CSS. In that case, you may require little CSS fix. But sometimes, they’re not working and you have to call provider with your theme name and they will provide you fix.
2. YITH WooCommerce Color and Laber Variations
It sounds similar when I mention the name “YITH WooCommerce Color and Label Variations plugin”. It’s absolutely hundreds percent that you knew and heard about this plugin, but the key is how much you know about it and you think how good it is.
YITH WooCommerce Color and Label Variations plugin have more features, such as:
- You can use this plugin for any products you have in your site because it is extremely versatile and adapts to any type of product. You can use for clothing products, food products, and even jewels.But you should remember that each product has the different requestion about variations, such as clothing products need to show sizes and colors available, jewels products need to more advanced options like gemstone form, necklace length or ring size…
- Allows you to replace standard WooCommerce selects with icons, custom images, and dynamic labels. It’s gonna help your customers know more about products. At the same time, you can buy products with more color, more style.
- Show your product options through icons, custom images, and dynamic labels, you help your customer understand and of course, after that, they will come into the page and select what they want. For example, if you sell clothes, your customers will see your site and will be able to understand that the T-shirt they like so much is available in their size or favorite color. From that, clicking on “Purchase” button is a short step.
- One more feature that you need to note is that the plugin is absolutely free. Yes, it’s free and you don’t have to pay money to buy them.
However, this plugin has some limitation. Such as, it’s free but the paid version will have more options, it means if you want to upgrade your site, you need to buy a new one and set up it again. It’s gonna take more time for you to do that and of course, you will think that you should buy the paid version from the beginning.
3. JC WooCommerce Advanced Product Attributes
With JC WooCommerce Advanced Product Attributes plugin, you can completely control the look of your site. From taking control of WooCommerce product attributes to replace the default variable product dropdowns easily with images, text, and color swatches. All existing variable products will display the new images, text, and color swatches selection fields instead of the default dropdowns. You only need to enable on each attributes globally from the Products > Attributes > edit screen, and set up what each attribute term will display.
For example, if you had the attribute SIZE and the terms (small, medium or large) if you set this up to output attribute images, then all your products in your site using it would automatically have the size images output instead of the dropdown.
It’s so easy to manage product attributes with the display of improved attributes on your site by introducing the attribute groups. At the same time, you can create sets of attributes that can be simply loaded onto products with only the click of a single button. It’s so convenient and saves your time and effort better.
To set up this plugin you have to pay 17$. It’s not too much but some people using this plugin who said that when they installed this plugin to hide attributes that didn’t have variations associated with those combinations. Even, in the last few days, it’s stopped working. They also turned off all our plugins with just WooCommerce and the advanced attributes on, but the issue still persisted.
Another limiting point of this plugin is about invoicing. If you want to get the certificate of companies you buying this plugin, you have to contact to Evanston where have the responsibility of checking the quality of this plugin. But it’s gonna take more time and you have to wait for them.
It’s working if you use the 3 WooCommerce product variations plugin above, but you need to know what your site need and which plugin your site’ suit. And there are more plugin for you to add variations to a single product, if you know another one, let’s I know by comment below.